Pizza, pierogies, and spice. What more could you possibly want? Well aside from pairing this pizza with an ice cold beer. Prior to going plant based one of our favourite pizzas was the Spicy Pierogi Pizza from Boston Pizza and while Boston Pizza has been testing vegan cheese at various locations they do not offer any other vegan alternatives such as the bacon and sour cream on this pizza.
We decided to re-create the Spicy Pierogi Pizza using completely plant based ingredients. No its not super healthy but yes it is super good.
Continue reading Vegan Spicy Pierogi Pizza
This simple pizza dough recipes takes about an hour and 20 minutes to make including rising time. Say goodbye to underwhelming vegan take out pizza and say hello to delicious homemade vegan pizza!
- 4 Cups of All Purpose Flour (or sub 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour and 2 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1 Tbsp of Dry Active Yeast
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 2 Cups of Lukewarm Water
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix until dough forms.
- Move to a floured surface and knead for 2-3 minutes.
- Place in a bowl, cover, and let rise until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Once risen punch down separate into 2-3 portions depending on sizes of pizza and press or roll out on a floured surface.
- Top with your favourite ingredients and bake for 7-10 minutes at 500 degrees.